Jan 4, 2012

A new year a new YOU

I've been thinking for quite some time now what I want my New Year Resolutions to be, and not much is coming to my mind. However, there is this one thing, to make conscious decisions about everything I do. The reason for this is because sometimes when we look back, we may ponder how we got from point A to point B and for the most part we don't even remember the process. I don't want to be lost in translation, confused, or not fully aware of the events that happen in my day to day living. I figured the process of doing this would be fairly simple. It all begins with thought process, and taking control of what I think. Now, I won't be sitting and monitoring every thought that comes through my mind, but I can choose which ones to pay attention to and which ones to disregard. I think this is what they call conscious thinking. By doing this I will be able to make conscious decisions. Foremost would be food, my daily intake. Second, my reaction to every action. Thirdly, what I can offer to a person/situation. I have simplified where I would like to see the changes into categories that essentially make up my life. By thinking consciously, taking initiative, and following through I will ultimately be able to live a more satisfied life. What are some of your New Year Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading!