Feb 8, 2013

Describing Me ♡

The other day I started writing down adjectives that describe me just so I can see it on paper. There is just something about visually seeing something, that triggers the feeling initiators of the brain to come forth. I also did this little exercise on a day when I wasn't feeling so good about myself, out of balance, to perk my mood.

Here is what I came up with.

Silly.
Headstrong.
Fighter.
Strong.
Stubborn.
Passionate.
Compassionate.
Funny.
Caring.
Dreamer.
Giving.
Enlightened.
Spiritual.
Inspiring.
Creative.
Adventurer.
Traveler.


I know myself to be those things I listed above, but I doubt every single one of them. Why? Lack of acceptance for who I am, constantly comparing myself to others. I do realize (and know) that I cannot be anyone else and will only live in my skin. I have to embrace, accept it, own it and most of LOVE IT. I've been constantly told I don't practice what I preach, its the truth. I give it my all to help someone see the light within themselves, to help them breakdown the roadblocks they've constructed within their brain, but I cannot do the same for myself. Perhaps I can't be my own guide, maybe sometimes I wish a fairy godmother would magically appear out of nowhere and make everything better.

But, I also do know the secret to finding youself is to turn inward, look within yourself, sit in meditation {which is another post on its own}.

The list I created above is a guideline of the "me-ness" I want to focus on in my mediation, get clarity about, so I can really turn the adjectives into verbs, actions.

What adjectives would you use to describe yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading!