Dec 3, 2012

Monday: Ramblings

Standing at the edge of the pier as the strong winds ran through my hair and the lingering smell of algae went up through my nose into my consciousness; I suddenly felt re-awakend.

As the winds picked up and sped through the air as if they were running a marathon, a slow sensation came over me: of how good it feels to be alive, to be healthy and to be able to experience the most simple pleasures of life. In this moment a surge of gratitude came over me and a deep commitment to acknowledge it, to take it all in.

I believe its moments like these that awaken our spirit, our soul to guide us to self-relization. We all experience it, and its arousal is caused by different things and situations, but the beautiful thing about it is that, as human beings we all relate to this feeling, this one jolt of awareness.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is beautiful. I love those moments where you get a wave of gratitude for life. "This one jolt of awareness" is the perfect way to describe it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading!